New Campaign Questions

From: Doyle Tavener <dtavener_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 19:10:09 -0000

After some recent turbulence in my gaming group, we have decided to play Hero Wars, which I have wanted to run for a long time. As I lay the groundwork for a Sartarite campaign, I have a number of questions that I was hoping some of you would be able to help me answer.

Wyter Questions:
The clan Wyter's three abilities start out at 10W, plus an amount calculated for Extraordinary Support from all the adults in the clan, correct?

Thus with an average clan of 500 adults and 100 elders, this would be a +20, making each of the Wyter's three ratings 10w2, correct?

Any variation other than from the Clan Questionnaire is based on my assessment of the needs of the campaign, correct?

Questionnaire Questions:
There are several clan attitudes that can result from the questionnaire. May all of these by taken by the players if they wish? Is their any cost to their other abilities? In other words, is there any reduction in their abilities (number or rating) from character generation as a result of taking these?

Are there any effects (campaign consequences, rather than game effects) from the picking of a Heortling tribe, or is this fundamentally ornamentation?

What's the Thing with Many Bodies? Disease spirits? Gorp? Miscellaneous Chaos monsters?

HeroQuest Questions
What's the difference between a Talent, Spell, Feat, and Charm? I understand that it is all common magic, and I understand what most of these words mean in a Gloranthan context, but I am not certain about Charm and Talent.

What will be the amount for a `Standard Augment' i.e. one without any dice rolling?

One Last Question
I am planning on all the characters starting as Initiate-level, i.e. 18-20 year olds. I was thinking that as Keyword ratings, I would go with Culture 12, Occupation 15, Magic 15 (no devotees), all others 12, and two abilities at 1w and 18. How does that sound?

Some of these are rulez questions, but I am hoping that this forum is still appropriate for them. - Thanks,

Doyle Wayne Ramos-Tavener