Glass in Glorantha?

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:31:05 +0100

Hello,

        I was in a musuem today, and read ancient Romans put their dead in urns, in clay/earth/whatever, but sometimes also made of glass. I wonder if that's what we would call glass today... Do you think glass exist in Glorantha ? What does it look like, what could be its use ?

How was it done in the RW ? I think Egyptians used some place in the desert (today in Lybia, I think) were a meteor fell and fused some sand. I suppose such an event from the God Wars is also possible in Glorantha ?

I'd personally give glass to the Pelorian (for anything beautiful should be givin to Pelorians), Seshnegi, Loskalmi (those cathedral must have stained glass and a dedicated Saint). And maybe Caladraland: when Caladra fell from the Sky, he must have created the Glass God...

Concerning the HeroQuest Homelands, I don't think Heortling use glass (except as some exceptional remnant from Dragonfire), but Esrolian might, due to contact with the West.

What do you think ?

        Philippe