Re: running little heroquests

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:19:56 -0000

First off, can't you quest to get better powers for the guardian you already have?

Second, can't an animate statue be made up using the standard manifestation rules on Guardians? Or is it that the current guardian isn't a manifestation?

> This isn't really a major use of the myth, so a true heroquest at
> hero level is probably too challenging. On the other hand, I'm not
> sure it's really a practice quest.
>
> Anyone have thoughts on the best way to run this sort of quest?

The first thing that occurs to me is that one of the main (if not major) opponents in the quest will be the old guardian!

It does seem that this could be done as a big ritual practice quest designed to end in an opening of the Other World at an auspicious time and place for drawing out a new Guardian. Or, (as the rules say and all of us seem to easily forget) to draw a guardian out of whereever they come from in the natural world.

Mike Dawson
http://differentgames.onestop.net/