Re: Duck-Point (and much mystical speculation)

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:19:04 -0000

Bryan - This is all a wonderful idea and one that should be fleshed out - I love the idea of heroes trying to create the Duckpoint Confederation of presumably the Durulz, the Lismelder, the Colymar and maybe Sun County? Probably impossible (the Colymar are far too proud to ever accept the Lismelder as equals - let alone the ducks).

Only one quibble:

>For
> what it is worth, I'd view the northern city (whose name escapes
me
> at the moment) as the Sword, Jonstown as the Shield, Wilmskirk at
the
> Spear, and Duck Point as the "Back Boy." (hmmm, if anyone
suggested
> the like at the time, maybe that is why the Colymar refused to
join?
> Not glorious enough). The "Back Boy" of cousre is the one that is
> supposed to provide support and healing when things get rough,
which
> didn't happen at the conquest, but if it came into being now,
maybe
> it could heal the kingdom?

My only quibble is that Jonstown was the northern city, Swenston the east, and Wilmskirk the south. Given that Duckpoint was next to the Marsh and the main center of Humakt worship in Sartar - maybe Duckpoint was supposed to be the "Sword".

Jeff