one day a Troll saved me

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:06:22 -0400

My players, owning the frisky little minds that they do, continue to find interesting ways to make their lives more interesting. Which is only for the good.

Some here may remember that one of my players was looking for an atrocity, and that in the end she decided to be responsible for kinslaying. I believe it was Bryan who presented the interesting idea of the punishment matching the crime. Since she left the baby at the edge of troll lands, she would be punished the same way. So she was bound and thrown into the troll lands, never to be seen again.

Thing is, she survived. Even more interestingly, she has now told me that she was found, bound and helpless, by a Troll. Who then saved her and escorted her out of Troll lands.

I love this.

Since all my players are even newer to Glorantha than I am, she just threw that out. Her player doesn't know why this happened, neither does the character. So all I have to do is figure out why.

That this troll was a Xiola Umbar initiate or devotee on a HeroQuest or something comes to mind. I'm certainly thinking there was some ritual reason for it, that the Troll had an abnormal reaction to this bound and helpless meal for some reason. I can understand Trolls not necessarily eating a human baby left on their doorstep (came across a scenario just like that on the very fun Wonderhome site) but I'm looking for suggestions why a helpless human wouldn't get gulped.

LC