Re: Level of Power of Entities

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:23:20 -0700

> I hate to say it, but that's drivel. It happened, in

Somehow I knew you'd bring this up :-). Sorry, jane, but some individuals in Glorantha break even the lax rules of HQ (don't even *try* it in RQ!)

> Glorantha. The rules model what happens in Glorantha.
> So if they can't model this, they're broken, because
> it happened. If Harrek could do it, then so, under
> similar circumstances, could a PC, and no doubt they
> will. "Scriptural immunity" means "spent a HP" -

No, it means "spent enough HPs to become a OiD Centerfold in one fell swoop including multiple ability spending penalties" (and ignore the rule about only spending one HP at a time to bump).

> that's what they are. Yes, I'm sure it was very hard,
> but it can be done, because it was done, and if the
> rules say otherwise, we fix them until they match the
> universe.

Yes, it *can* be done, but it would take:

A narrator that starts the game in the multiple-mastery range and
lets you have a ton of HP
and
lets you spend them in multiples for bumps and
says "The White Bear is having a bad day"

Not a Rules thing, but a Narrator thing. Maybe Greg was a Monty-Haul GM in the past?

> Let's assume for now that Harrek rolled only 1s and
> the Bear God and the Universe rolled only 20s. What
> numbers do we need?

The difference in mastery levels. Just how did Harrek get 6+ masteries through rituals/circumstances/backup? (Assuming a 16-year old kid isn't going to be more than 10w2, or a 30 year old not-yet-a-superhero doesn't have more than 10w3, and assuming that the Bear is a "low-end" Great Spirit with 10w8 and a -20 Alien World penalty to Harrek for being in the Spirit World and facing the Bear on its home ground. Assuming Harrek is smart, he'll have gone in with a 19 or 20 Target number, whatever his masteries might be.

RR
- Richelieu