Re: building headcount

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:12:36 -0000

Hmmm. The wyter isn't called Callahan by any chance?

> A useful thought but the Vendref are a bit far away and many of
them are
> not exactly Orlanthi anymore.

But they are probably more willing than most potential clan memebers to stay quietly in the valley and not give away its location

> > never know what odd bits of lore and legend could have survived in
> > such an odd culture....although my understanding is that the
Vedref
> > were mostly of heortling origins, there could be a bloodline of
> > different background that has carefully guarded a secret or two
> > against the time that it was needed.....
> >

> Mostly Heortling and Alakoring, yep. I suspect their mythology is
pretty
> debased as they 'don't get out much.'

I was thinking more along the lines of "Well why don't call for Asrelia's Wind to fight it?" "Asrelia's wind? What are you talking about?" They look at each other and say "Doesn't everyone know about how Umath's last breath made its way to Asrelia's cave at the last, where it was just in time to save her from an event just about like this one here? And then she saved it like she saves everything." After all, some of the changes to religion brought about by the hero wars are also re-discovery of things that were always there but _almost_ forgotten.....but any other odd remnant group could achieve the same purpose.

--Bryan