Re: The Trouble with Insravel

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_BX4XInci4Meb-AhBrNJdjvOF0adiV_eLifCSBytSddWvzrpFO6fdbsMyXfBtFbCNnuc_m>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:48:19 -0000

> > This was not a big deal in the Third Age.
> > However, I was really excited about the 2nd age material (by
Mongoose)
> > because I thought it would finally give a good description of this.
> > However, it seems to be missing in GtSA and CoG vol 1.
>
> Excellent though those books are, the authors didn't always have the
> most up to date information before them, and crushing deadlines
> sometimes prevented sufficient research.

I wrote a fair bit of material on Carmanian worship but I do not think it made its way into the final ms. Though, frankly, I do not think it what I wrote would have been detailed enough to satisfy the OP.

However, based on various discussions, I never thought the Carminians as Zorastoriistic. Nor was I particularly enamoured of the thought that they engage in both Light and Dark behavior. I felt that dealing with Dark is to be shunned or essayed only in the most dire or controlled circumstances.

Jeff