Re: The Trouble with Insravel

From: innerworlder2000 <innerworlder2000_at_v_eLbR8da8wQFjueSQWDAQ2XkFquSA9Pgw0Xc7jDYG-fQlwvrLFRdvKLp9Z>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:11:47 -0000

Greg wrote:
"Where were you twenty years ago when this was being written?"

Actually, that's kind of interesting. About 20 years ago I was running campaign that was designed to start in Prax, move through Dragon Pass, and give adventurers the opportunity to become instrumental in the myth of the Red Goddess. I was racking my brain trying to resolve
"Lunar magic is a weird combination of sorcery and spirit magic,"
(Gods of Glorantha) in Peloria and the idea that Sorcery was practiced on the west coast. In the end I came up with the idea that a group of feudal Malkioni heretics (Gnostic- types) were expelled from Loskalm and after a journey ended up in Peloria. This group became one source from which Sedenya drew her new philosophy. Sedenya was had not attained illumination at this time.

The adventure was designed so the group could either join with groups pro-Sedenya groups or with groups opposing her and it was supposed to lead to the group's first hero-quest. Anyway, I probably wouldn't have been any help then, because I was still trying to muddle through the concepts and cultures of the RuneQuest world, and I was only taking my first philosophy course at the time. That one RuneQuest campaign actually stirred my interest in history and philosophy. I was trying to become a God-Learner in somebody else's RuneQuest campaign just because it sounded `cool.' Nobody could figure out just exactly what a God Learner was, though or why they were even called God Learners. We weren't even close.