Re: Truedragons in the rest of Genertela

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_Qvf_kqbJIOSCZgJmH7VxMTMKmdgNSo7_e2JIpzq2lA9w6NladS48-S_5rmAcV3dUrd3>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:35:34 -0000

There are a number of dragons or dragonlike beings who fought gods. I'd suspect that Tiamat (the sea monster destroyed by Marduk to create the world) would qualify, and possibly the Midgard Serpent (which kills, and is killed by, Thor).

Based on what the Greg wrote, my assumption would be: If the dragon is as powerful as a major god (i.e. when the god fights the dragon, he's doing something mighty and heroic), that's a "true dragon". The dragon in Revelations, who sweeps a third of the stars from heaven with a lash of his tail, would qualify; the dragon who fought St. George wouldn't.