Re: Back to Vinga

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_0W3oNFgsX75rclc_tnpMsXMxTMpgRk_iCPfDVv394yMUnVQItTzzMRR-JiHiIx-7yX>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:05:56 +1000

This has been a rather illuminating (lowercase i!) discussion for me so far - I must say its nice to see that a lot of people are on the same page regarding Vinga as she currently is exemplified in Heortling society.

I have to say that IMG the Heortling Vinga is basically very similar to the one mentioned by Greg. I don't see that Vinga is a haven for female homosexuals in Heortling society, I rather got the impression that this was Heler/Tarhelera's sort of thing.

Anecdotally I have used "gender role comedy" in preparing a fairly weird clan ring for a game that I never got around to running; a fairly staunchly heterosexual Vingan chieftain was having to deal with overly friendly Grain Women and curious Helerings at the same time.

Admittedly, there is a probably a good chance that I had just been watching rather too much silly Asian cinema at the time I came up with that particular ring...

Back on task though: while we seem to have a pretty good grasp of Heortling Vinga, what about the Vinga from up north? I've brought this up before elsewhere (and had a pretty good chat about it) but I was wondering if anyone here had a take on the Vinga of the Lunar Provinces and how an understanding of her cult's traits might help to clarify that of Heortling Vinga?

--
John Machin