Re: Back to Vinga

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_Ek_q55oDUNXibgGHkAgEN3XGT-ET6XawoK0N4T0IkkHmXPWZAaedNHwFfQjn8VKfdmSj8U1>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:01:34 -0700

YGWV Quoting John Machin <orichalka_at_YuLRgVdePfh76DXL4EGlE83OSLlE7fL4APD2RqmK6-GELNgPlJX4BCSiiM_Tzq8q9T7JAMJBUNLX.yahoo.invalid>:

> On 12/07/07, Greg Stafford <Greg_at_I5nlK9HMv8WwNtdKf5xvzGZ1SLlcW2U83TDCwD7HQ2hN81LJd2S2FfrvXQA7fTTyiT6-BKKMDy7vcHLn.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>> Quoting donald_at_AG42s_pMAX0zb5UO_d9GEQAbAiDdgB3OC5fms6C_noIV6sz6VTUN5PKHWr4wqI4BpnAQGPWyr40uKizIGYA8MPbUzg.yahoo.invalid:
>> > It's not even certain the Red Woman of Holay is Vinga. Some say they
>> > are the same (ILH1 pg.54).
>>
>> In fact, some of us are pretty sure that she is NOT Vinga.
>
> Really?

Yes, really.

> That's quite interesting! What is the reasoning behind this

Because the mythology is different there, and there is no need to make everything the same.

> (and behind having about the only information about the accuracy of
> the link between the two being deemed false)?

Because this list is a place where we can discuss differences from published materials, to open alternative ideas to the published canon, and where I allow myself to speculate and share unpublished materials.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford