Re: Illumination and lies

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_Ndjr1vpM7C_exX87y5TtM271rMLko36zEDYIMPZA1TUjVWL-jez68PrBEIzHo6FjEt7q>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 06:17:21 -0000

> >Could he make his way up to High Priest of the central IO temple of the
> >whole Lunar Empire, still being a true LM at heart?
>
> In theory I don't see why not. The practical problems would be enormous
> and the differences between his true vocation and his apparent one
> would put a strain on him. I'm not even sure that in this case the two
> cults are incompatible.

I agree with Roderick and disagree with Donald here. An initiation to a specific god or religion is not something you can fake - it creates a divine connection between you and the gods in question. When a Lhankor Mhy initiate uses his magic - he is Lhankor Mhy. Same thing with Irippi Ontor.

Giving yourself a divine connection to the Red Moon (through one of the Seven Mothers) will sever your connection to LM (and the rest of the Storm Tribe) - the Moon connection is just incompatible with the Storm Tribe.

Jeff