Re: Balazar

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_ys6nR4699LXVOIZ8TGUDhM02M2Kb0aBl-ViVr4DeadMo7DtKREey0runUPYsxO>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:54:17 -0000

Nice theory for the Mostali poisoning the herds.

The Mostali are certainly a sinister influence on Votankiland. I get a Pellucidar feel about Balazar (dinosaurs, cavemen, intelligent lizards) and the dwarves in my game had tunneling machines, and were burying things, and erecting masts and such, which no one understood.

One thing that might be a good hook for a "civilised" invasion of the land might be some sort of mineral wealth, hinted at by the prospector, but if there were buried iron in Balazar then Votankiland could become a Gloranthan Australia supplying iron to the Chinese Lunar Empire

My feeling is that getting nomadic herders to "settle" in Balazar is not so easy - I feel that it is too cold for most Praxian beasts, and that there is better (flatter) pasture for horse in the Redlands and Pent. Even if the local herd beasts could be used as herds there is no goddess, no herd protectress spirit, no Waha to teach them how to be nomads.

The pig herders in the citadels are the beginnings of agriculture, and I certainly like the idea of a Blood Sacrifice cult enabling maize growing - something for the Hero Wars perhaps. There are a few things that could happen in the wilderlands of Balazar.

Keith