Re: Esrolain grandmas and secrecy

From: hcarteau_at_oFbaR7vMJeYUAs3qPawXGhmmt2_fdXHJjfUdf3j4NC-LgXpaPl0IhMhMHbqcWafKBZe
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:44:17 +0200

Selon Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_cGSlW3wYpjTsigeKh34QDHCjKxpq8T6yNq921id7Jk08Ad_eJzMN3DO00TfX0g9Ey7YAs19sjM4XBUYpxnru.yahoo.invalid>:

My players, playing merchant prince characters from Fay Jee, will soon reach the end of their Trekk and meet the Yellow Earth Queen.

> Or more likely, her servants (at first)

/// I don't plan to make meeting her difficult, since it's a well-known ritual for her too. No, there'll be enough difficulties during the negotiations themselves. See, there's only ONE Falangian Diamond available. Do they want it to buy Greymane off or to enhance Fay Jee's prosperity ? Go ahead, choose...

I wonder what the merchant princes know about the Council of Grandmothers that actually rule Esrolia. Do they know queens such as the Yellow Earth answer to this council ?

> OK then. The custom is centuries old

/// I agree with you. It's been going on forever. Knowing which families / clans are at the top of the (fluctuating) power structure is another thing. I don't know yet who the Yellow Earth Queen supports - Red Earth or Warm Earth, or if she's non-aligned or whatever. Doesn't seem to matter for the characters.

I suspect everybody knows that Grandmothers have total power over their daugters, granddaugthers etc. But are they aware of political consequences ?

> I think so.

/// OK then. Anyway, the Mercheant Princes know good intelligence is the key to good business. They've had factors (aka spies) in Esrolia for a long time. They should know this.