1st age malkioni settlers : brithini or mortals ?

From: hcarteau_at_g0GvaS4UW4H_w7nDCQ9FkHCKRekcO69ulbWL75vRxnq6RGXFMpXtkTgGGvXzUeW2t9b
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:23:09 +0200

Selon Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_B5wsFOC6ceoP_OeZAIQ8dz4bHFM8NJIhnXDtzix3omotiKNNMAGePjoMVlx5JbgMBAEfqjnMIbewtDEnGpvglvI.yahoo.invalid>:

  As for the Seshnegi being henotheist before Hrestol's revelation, the issue is open as far as I can see.

/// Yes. To me the settlers led by Froalar who settled in Seshnela were brithini "who had never experienced Joy". Perhaps they left Brithos because there wasn't enough to eat, or some practical reason like that. They had to adapt to new rules, and they did. After which they did become half-henotheists, before this practise got purged a few centuries later.

Now Jeff seems to imply (in his devious way ;-) that these guys were already followers of Malkion the Prophet and knew about Solace ; probably they were mortals already.

I wonder which was which. Perhaps we'll never know - such Knowledge was lost over the ages. The answer depends on who answers and what is agenda is, as always. There's room for both cases, and even more.