Re: Unmanageable healers

From: Jeff <richaje_at_U-soz04ad3y706CUjLXeO24bxBBdmETNQwWzFpDQlvp0_lP7_YrBMHQ9REW-mJQUTde9>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:58:06 -0000

> >> "Giving aid and comfort to the enemy" is treason.
> > I'm not of that opinion and that's where you clan problem is.
> I'm certainly not claiming that Orlanthi follow
> anything like medieval English common law, but I do think that idea is an
> important component of how many people think about betrayal, and why I
> personally don't trust people who want to heal *everything* any more than I
> trust people who want to hurt everything. In my opinion, it's Chalana Arroy's
> certitude and wounded judgement that need healing, not Humakt's and Orlanth's.

Normal Orlanthi agree that the followers of Chalana Arroy are extremists, problematic, and unreasonable in their rigid devotion to her extremely difficult code. However, she is tolerated and loved because she heals ANYTHING - which is of course the flip side of her extreme methods.

> What do you do? You can't kill her, even
> though she's just as dangerous. So what's left? Tying her up seems a very
> minor transgression in comparison.

And yet she is permitted to do what she does. Most Orlanthi clans love their Chalana Arroy priestess, despite the nuisances. She can and will heal ANYTHING - a blessing that far outweighs her annoying code. Pregnant women, children, the elders, wounded warriors - everyone needs Chalana Arroy at some point and only the insane or the truly stupid are willing to offend her.

Jeff