Too much Skyrim, not enough Glorantha

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_Hce1SVPzp0E-WtPHasO9fWTnENuD1vEsmXTEMqNTjcgTWVSeA4PgTBVedyzXj0>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 09:36:26 -0800

The more I play Skyrim and explore the steep peaks and dangerous woods, the more I wish it was a Glorantha game.

Visually, there is a lot of similarity with my mind's eye image of Sartar. The land is surrounded by mountain ranges, with several smaller ranges scattered throughout the land. The architecture is stone and wood (no glass), with longhouses and rune-engraved dwarven ruins predominating. Winds blow on the mountainsides and heavy weather occasionally blocks the dynamic skies. Your character feels like a stout Orlanthi, immune to weather and chill. The greater moon is reddish hued. The core inhabitants of the land, the Nords, are passionate and clan-based.

And the land is in the midsts of rebellion because of the Empire's suppression of worship of the chief Nord deity.

While the weapons and armor are decidedly medieval/fantasy and the magic and religious systems do not line-up at all, the game is close enough to make me want to get the SDK are write my own downloadable content that is Orlanthi based.

If only I had time and skill...

Anyone else notice this?

--Todd