Re: Herdmen was Cannibalism in Prax

From: David Cake <dave_at_pQo8992csL1UWMKcljOMahKjTZ45_1AUftL-MDRu70DF1h5dIcA-C5JRgFaeAVuX9oy-kHJ>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:22:32 +0800

On 22/02/2012, at 12:19 PM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> On 2/22/2012 9:33 AM, David Cake wrote:

>> 	Reading the description, though, a possible flaw in my fun theory is that the cult is described as being quite specific in its cannibalism, only beings of the same species as the caster can be eaten.

> The larger flaw in your theory is that the Cannibal Cult are in Prax
> while the Pendali are in Seshnela.

        That flaw is only there if you didn't read the source you quoted yesterday "The cannibal cult has been independently discovered across Glorantha. In many places where evil ghosts are powerful, these anthropophagic practices have arisen." (TORM #9)

        Leaving aside the general question of Hsunchen universalism etc - the cannibal cult it seems can crop up anywhere.

> In my opinion, the Cannibal God of the Pendali was a son of Seshna
> Likita and like Ana Gor, he was a face of the dark side of earth worship.

	One of many possible perfectly reasonable explanations. I welcome alternative speculations.
	Cheers
		David