Re: Troll illumination

From: Jim G. <cainesinmyhead_at_eqTGZA02yZB0-rIyT5ddprsC-RIh0ppmjzYTD05K2W3XIQ1sZn_NFLcop6MtH>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:12:38 -0600

> > Perhaps trolls can be illuminated regardless of whether it is possible or
> > not, because Chaos does not respect our delicate sensibilities concerning
> > what should and should not be possible.
>
> I thought you were against conflating illumination with chaos.

You might have me confused with someone else. This is my second post to the list, ever. That is, that was my very first attempt to write anything substantive on the list (other than asking a product question concerning upcoming Moon Design releases). Forgive me. Your knowledge likely dwarfs my own a thousandfold.

On the other hand, I might be a sign that Moon Design is bringing new people to Glorantha.
(Actually, I owned a lot of the old material, but never used it for gaming, and haven't look at it in decades till recently.)

> In that case, the better question might be how EASY it for trolls to
> become
> > illuminated? Because that is a measure of well trolls can maintain their
> > sense of order in the universe. ...
>
> Being easily illuminated is a sign of a good sense of order?

Ah, I should have phrased that differently. Let me try again:

"In that case, the better question might be how DIFFICULT it is for trolls to become illuminated? Because that is a measure of well trolls can maintain their sense of order in the universe...."

(When I wrote easy, I meant in a relative sense. Not the literal meaning of the word. My sloppy American language.)

I was suggesting that its difficult to measure or define Chaos (as it inherently resists such efforts), but it might not be as difficult to measure how well something resists its influence.

Anyway, I thank you in advance for your patience. I don't pretend to speak with any authority, merely cheerful speculation.