Re: Ompalam, Malia and other possibly chaotic dieties

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_qeLdK8aw9J2jvTuDQMm7A-EgaKZtUl8_p7koGJRy_qYZuT42yW8Gg50AVbyQkMp42l>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:45:54 -0000

I suspect that key to Ogres is not 'merely' the consumption of humans, but the ritual consumption of humans. That they are eating not just the flesh, but some of their more essential being. No ghouls they, eating old corpses--ogres may not need to make ritual sacrifices, but I suspect that to really gain the 'nutrition' that they need they need to eat the corpse relatively soon...perhaps before the soul (spirit, essence) reaches the underworld?

And in the darkness I could well imagine more than one group turning to not just the consumption of human flesh, but more than that, as every resource was scarce and precious.

(in heortling mythology, didn't there end up being 'cannibal kings' during the darkness? That would surely be a very special case of calling on your subjects true support?)