Re: Re: A look into Anaxial's Roster

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:46:00 +0300 (EET DST)

> > I want the rules to be consistent and believable.
>
> erm... 'believable' as in magically shimmering cats that can outfight
> trained swordsmen? Keep taking the tablets :)

Yup. Believable, in that the magical shimmer cat is not just a fancy bobcat with special effects but no actual difference.

> > And apparently a hyena is as tough a fighter as a lion. Who writes
> up
> > these stats?!?
>
> You got the book, check the credits. Trotsky, mainly. And the hyaena
> is a much-maligned and misunderstood creature - don't mistake
> individual cowardice for inability, lions run from hyaenas regularly,
> you do NOT want to get between thos jaws! Lions just have a naturally
> braver, more individual, style.

When lions and hyenas scrap it's the hyenas that end up dead. The only way they get lions down is ganging up on a single one.

> > It may look like a black breath, but it would be direct Deathrune
> power.
>
> So how would you run it? "Puff!" you're dead? I prefer a deadly
> poison (although I'd more likely use fire).

I run it pretty much like a RQ Sever Spirit. Doesn't work too well on people with a strong death (or life) affinity.

> > PS. Should have a biologist or some such write up the values for the
> > critters. This is getting silly.
>
> I leave this to Trotsky to answer.

He has my attention :)

        -Adept