Orlanthi Boasting

From: namgyalrangdrolgatakdorje <namgyal_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:29:37 -0000

Dear all,

I am wondering if any of you good folk have decent written sources that provide examples of 'Orlanthi boasting'. I'd like to point my players to a couple of written examples if possible, to get them in the spirit for a bit of high volume strutting, stamping, drinking and self-congratulation. The more outrageous the better.

They've had some experience of being *boisterous* in an RQ campaign some years back, where they all started out (as one player put it) as 'big dumb Bison riders'. There wasn't boasting per se, but there was certainly a lot of 'I am Voice of a Bull, a mere Century of Lunar Heavy Infantry does not frighten me. Charge!' type stuff, normally followed by a session of character creation to generate the replacement PCs.

I'm also wondering if you have had any joy (or peril) with 'boasting' as an in game ability in HQ. NB. I've seen 'boastful' as a personality trait, but not 'boasting' as a skill. I have a sense that for some Sartarite warriors it really should be an artform in it's own right.

I want to get my gang into such a spirit that, after the battle of Iceland, I get at least a full session of boasting about their prowess and their deeds.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Nam