Following the Leader....

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:47:36 -0000

I have a question about Clan Chieftans and Dar the Leader.

A worshipper only follows Dar the Chieftan once they are acclaimed a Clan Chief - So we can guess the cult is not really that big, and meetings of large numbers of cultists will be rare.

I would have expected that many Clan Chiefs are / become Devotees of this cult - they are, after all, in a position where they are already going to be supported by the clan, and I would imagine the cross over between "doing their job" and "attending to cult duties" is very high.

The problem appears to be (unless I have misunderstood Thunder Rebels) that although the Orlanthi can change fairly freely from initiation into one subcult to another, they do not have the same freedom of movement once they become a devotee...

So do Young Orlanthi hoping to one day become Chief hold off from devoting into another cult?

Are retiring or deposed Clan Chiefs visited by Dar's agents of reprisal as they become ineligible for their devotee status?

Or is Dar recognised as some sort of "Special case"?