Out of Print

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:52:06 -0000

Charles McAteer said on HQ Rules when discussing Heroquest II (or Hero Wars III edition - your choice!)...

> Well if there is not a new editon, what is the shelf life of
> Heroquest. As important material has already gone out of print does
> this mean the game is going to be dead in three or four years?

On the subject of Out of Print books I say,

I think it is vital that Issaries consider doing another run of Barbarian Adventures and probably Orlanth Is Dead. This is for people coming into the Heroquest community. These books are fairly indispensable IMO for running a Heortling game.

Or, if that is not comercially viable, hell, why not just have them as online PDF books. Wizards of the Coast are doing that with all of the old AD&D modules. They charge $4.99 per module. I am sure that is something that Issaries should be looking into for the stuff that is going out of, or has gone out of print. I know that for that price, although I already have them I would buy them as PDF's to save the ones I have already.

I say lets support the grass roots gamer who has picked up maybe Gathering Thunder or Dragon Pass from a demo game, may be considering Heroquest but find that BA and OiD are out of print - Barbarian Adventures being the most indispensible of all the texts IMO. So Issaries - has the above been considered (online-pdf books free or for sale?)

Regards
Rob