Enferalda

From: Jennifer Geard <geard_at_verso.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:27:20 +1200

Hi All,

Have any of you worked with the Enferalda the Supporter subcult of Ernalda the Healer? (TR 194) What do you think the subcult's about?

When I see references to Enferaldans their schtick seems to be that they support other people, and that courting their support can be crucial to someone's success. Here's the pertinent part of the description of Entarios the Supporter as an example:

"Entarios is a devotee of Enferalda the Supporter, and is one of the most
powerful women in Sartar. Whomever she supports, wins. When her first husband went hunting, he brought back fat stags in winter. Her second husband never lost a fight while she stayed with him. Her clan, where she has lived even since his death, has prospered in every blessing from Ernalda that she has called." (TR 178)

The subcult write-up, however, includes nothing like this: in my gaming group it's even gained the description "Ernalda the Pack-Mule". In addition to the generic Ernalda the Healer abilities and affinities, Enferalda gets the affinity "Endurance" which is described in purely personal terms to do with bearing heavy burdens, going without food, ignoring pain, going without sleep, remaining standing and surviving battle. She does get the Heal People feat "Make less tired", and she does get the mental ability "Encourage others", but in order to get close to the description of Entarios I'm having to assume she can pull something out of the generic Healer affinities like
"Boost confidence" and "Reach consensus" that other Healers can't. There's no
"Inspire others", "Restore morale", "Advise well", "Rally support" or "I
believe in you".

I'm thinking of replacing the "Endurance" affinity with a "Support" affinity, pulling together a range of feats that make other people's lives and magic go better. What do you think? Any suggestions or warnings?

Cheers,
  Jennifer

--
Jennifer Geard