Giants and the River

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_ma3oi9yG6zfioIJh2pXrXC1jniOYpmQwzhza3JGSwpae4KtgCjmD7EIP-0chYtnhDDc6>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 19:37:49 -0300

Since there's an awful lot of this sort of stuff going on...

(1) Giants...

Giants seem to feature a lot in N. European mythology, battling against the gods and so on (though I'm pig ignorant on this, BTW). There is very little in Gloranthan mythology though. They were about in the "early Green Age, and some claim that they are more ancient still" (Anaxial's Roster p. 149). What more do we know about their origins, especially how far back they might go?

(2) The Creek-Stream-River

All sorts of Gods, Essences and so on involved here. When did it first appear, ot its various parts?

Ta muchly.

Sam.