Re: Epic NPCs and their stats

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_yGc4m1nNZvyMvo-7yLpN3xAcZJ14YRH8a9YWLoBeXpXCC0cW5YEZExDdwrP8gyLgxta>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:05:00 -0000

I hanged the topic title because I would prefer to not have so many "printing updates". :-)

Writing up the stats and such for NPCs like Harrek, Jar Eel, Androgeus, Argrath, etc. is easily possible. If done well it would certainly get priority on the production schedule. Taking on that writing task is probably daunting to most writers. Getting it wrong would be an uncomfortable position to be in. There would probably be a "too high" vs. "too low" stat debate regardless. There's also the fact that most things lose their mystique and grandeur once they become a set of stats. I wouldn't want to see a "Deities & Demigods" effect, wherein people use it as a "if it has stats you can kill it" book.

Lastly, do people want to play in campaigns/senarios where they would interact (or be in conflict) with such powerful demi-god types?

Rick Meints
Moon Design Pubs